Polite reminders to swimmers
- Arrive in good time to complete your dynamic warm up.
- Have all your equipment with you, i.e. paddles; kick boards, hats, goggles etc.
- Use the lavatory before training begins and always inform the coach if you need to leave the pool during training
- Listen to what your coach is telling you.
- Always swim to the wall as you do in a race, and practice turns as instructed.
- Do not stop and stand in the lane, you may get injured.
- Do not pull on the ropes as this may injure other swimmers.
- Do not skip lengths or sets you are only cheating yourself.
- Think about what you are doing during training.
It is advisable that no two piece swimming costumes are worn or any Leisure shorts.
We recommend that Swimming hats are to be worn at all times, but must also be worn for all galas etc.
Development Squad: All equipment will be provided, but any swimmers in Lanes 3,4 & 5 that may wish to bring there own can do so.
C Squad: Kickboards, Fins & Pull Buoys are required for every session. Swimmers are advised to bring their own.
B Squad: Kickboards, Fins & Pull Buoys are required for every session. Swimmers are advised to bring their own.
A Squad: Kickboards, Fins, Pull Buoys, Hand Paddles are required for every session. Swimmers are advised to bring their own.
Dynamic Warm Ups
It is important to warm up properly before exercising to prevent injury and make your sessions more effective. If swimmers could arrive a few minutes early to complete their dynamic warm up